For all of you church planter nut jobs out there who are working your tails off to start churches here are a few practical helps for you that I have utilized over the past few years.
- You can get a huge map of your community from your county mapping office. For example yesterday I went to the Prince William County Mapping Office in the county complex, paid $7.50 and walked out with a 6 foot map of the area directly surrounding my church plant. Pin that baby on the wall, mark your peoples houses with pens or stars. It will remind you to pray, give you a new perspective. These maps are also much more up to date than the commercial ones that you will find online they often include new and planned construction.
- These are usually a few hundred bucks so this is a sweet one… If you happen to be a S. Baptist you can get a free demographic report of your community, customized to your requests and sent to you (via email as a PDF). Order one HERE.
- For those of you who are preaching, want to be Biblically faithful, but may not necessarily be Greek scholars, The Resurgence has produced an outstanding website to help you. Check it out HERE.
- For those of you who have “friends” who struggle with porn addictions HERE is another free resource that we are using in our church plants.
- If you are just starting the process of planting and would like to have an experienced planter that you could bounce some ideas off of I would love to hook you up with someone. I can’t tell you how helpful it has been to me to have people that I could call to ask questions and get feedback. Please send me an email at email@example.com and I will do my best to establish a relationship that will help you to make wise decisions.
- There is a blog for church planter wives HERE