Almost every church has a church sign in which all manner of information is
shared to the masses, Awana Starts at 6:00 PM, Christmas Concert Tonight, or
Special Easter Service. Stafford Baptist Church has a church sign that is
prominently displayed along Jefferson Davis Highway. During a recent Deacon
‘s Meeting I volunteered to take over the church sign responsibilities if
(and only if) I could have full creative license, I was denied the
opportunity. Well I guess it is a good thing I was rejected as church sign
creator because I would have some great ones up for thousands of drivers to
read daily. A quick Google search produced a plethora amusing church sign
· Free Trip to heaven. Details Inside!
· Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins.
· Searching for a new look? Have your faith lifted here!
· Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons – come hear one!
· Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
· God so loved the world that He did not send a committee.
· Come in and pray today. Beat the Christmas rush!
· When down in the mouth, remember Jonah. He came out all right.
· Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday.
· Fight truth decay – study the Bible daily.
· Dusty Bibles lead to Dirty Lives:
· If you’re headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.
· It is unlikely there’ll be a reduction in the wages of sin.
· Do not wait for the hearse to take you to church.
· If you don’t like the way you were born, try being born again.
· This is a ch_ _ ch. What is missing? ——— (U R)
So why does a church need a church sign with a witty saying? I guess the
real question should be why not a witty saying on a church sign? Most
churches have signs and our founding fathers created the 1st Amendment to
the Constitution, why not use them both together. I don’t think anyone had
a conversion experience after reading a thought provoking sign. I think
these signs show a lighter side of Christianity, a side that doesn’t get
the most attention. When you think Christian you normally don’t think of a
guy that has a great sense of humor. You usually think of the very serious
and judgmental guy, like Sam the Eagle on the Muppets. So enjoy the witty
church sign, you know you read them and smile. If I were given the job as
church sign creator I would have the following sign on display.