New Neighbors

barack-and-i

1) Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2) Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. – Romans 13:1-2

1) I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2) for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3) This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4) who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

13) Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14) or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. -1 Peter 2:13-14

Heath says

That is freakin awesome. I need one of those

Kristen says

that’s some nice photoshopping man. do you really think you’re taller than him?

Bobby O says

holy crap!!!

Mike says

I didn’t realize you were that tall.

Mike says

Good job but you need more shadowing on the right side of your face.

you guys have real trust issues? I don’t understand!

Adam says

I loved your church website! I am interested in attending this Sunday but i have to admit that your first picture on your blog threw me a bit. Not that i think that it is not of the utmost importance to pray for our governmental leaders and to hope that they have outstanding success in leading our nation but as a christian I have major moral difference with our new president and his stance on many key battles the “church” is currently fighting like the abolition of abortion.
    Please don’t take this the wrong way I am not saying that a picture of the pastor of a church with a president who holds so many beliefs contrary to traditional christian beliefs means anything more than just a funny picture, but it threw me a bit as a person looking for a new church. I am sorry if this comes of as a judgment because i absolutely do not intend it to be its just an observation from some one church hunting. god bless.

Adam.
    Hi.. Thanks for introducing yourself and thank you especially for the gracious respectful nature of your comment. I am really glad that you found the website helpful and I am excited to learn more about you. I pray we get the chance to meet Sunday. First off, the picture is a fake… A result of tinkering with Adobe Photoshop… No harm was meant.. Just having fun.

I share your concerns about president Obama’s positions concerning abortion and same sex marriage. I see now how the picture could lead you to question the orthodoxy of our church but honestly didn’t think of it until reading your comment. Please forgive me…. I am not prone to ranting about politics on the blog or from the pulpit. But since President Obama’s Election I have wrestled with God concerning how I should react to a commander who supports the killing of unborn children and the marriage of homosexuals. I did not vote for Obama and do wish that someone with more of a gospel centered agenda were in the oval office. My greater desire, however is to submit myself to the sovereignty and goodness of God in everything… Even Romans 13:1-2

“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.”

Thanks again… I hope that I didn’t scare you off!

Adam says

Thank you for your speedy response. I am absolutly a person who enjoys a simple joke and I am glad to hear that you and your church stand for the same exact things I do. Like supporting our government and continuing to pray for it even though we may not agree with most if not all of its politics currently.
    Once again I apologize if I came across as an “angry christian” its just now a days as a father looking for some where to help me teach my family the truth its hard not to be nit picky at first.
    Don’t worry you didn’t scare us away and i look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Stay Hairy, Adam