Trying to catch up here a bit on the happenings of my life. Pillar Church is going through some really exciting times right now.
- A few weeks ago a Marine in our congregation (Roy Garza) shared with our congregation his desire to plant a new church near the south gate of Quantico about ten miles from our current location.
- We started a new topical series on “The Doctrines of Hell” this past week. Ironically it was extremely hot in the school where we meet. You can catch the first audio lesson HERE.
- Our missionaries to Iceland, the Garmans returned home to address a heart problem with their unborn child. It has been bitter sweet to have them back with us.
- I have finished the first five chapters in a book designed to help “regular” guys (Without formal education or experience) wrestle with major issues related to starting new churches. In the next post I will put a few excerpts from the chapters. Colby (mentioned in the previous bullet point) has been helping me with the project.
- I just celebrated 10 years of marriage to my wife Jennifer. I sold my beloved motorcycle and bought us two tickets to Cancun, Mexico. It is the first time (Since our 1 year anniversary) that we have gone on a vacation without kids. It was a blast and well worth the motorcycle. You can see the pictures HERE
- Pillar Church has two upcoming international trips 1) Toronto – taking a team of 8 to Toronto City Mission 2) Bali – A team of four is headed to the Pillar House in Bali Indonesia.