Lot’s of pastors believe that we should plant new churches in order to obey the great commission. I’d even go as far as saying many would give it a try if the believed their congregation would be supportive of the idea. The truth is many congregations will resist the Idea of sending people and money away to establish a new church. So… how do you begin to change the mindset of the people in your congregation to help them understand and obey God’s call to plant new churches? I sat down with church planting pastor Jonathan Davis to talk with him about how our churches have created a culture of church planting in our churches. We basically outline four things you can do to help change the mindset of your congregation – Here they are and have added a 6th that I forgot to mention in the video.
- Celebrate Church Planting and Church Planters
- Teach the Theological Underpinnings.
- Make the goal of all of your ministries to produce future leaders (that could potentially be used in new churches)
- Develop a training program for those headed for ministry in your congregation.
- Let potential pastors teach and assist you with other pastoral duties.
- Pray publicly for the advancement of other churches in your community, especially new churches.